Friday, July 18, 2008

Hanging In There

Hello All,

First of all thank you so much to everyone who's called and stopped by for keeping Mama Roxy in your prayers. I'm Aquelah - a.k.a. Pam - and I decided to start this blog this morning as a way of keeping everyone up to date on my mom's status, and to blow off some steam myself.

This is a tough road for anyone to take - watching your parents decline physically - or going through it from the parent's point of view - but it's an important part of living and I hope this blog reassures everyone that while this is a painful process, my mother is not suffering and that she is well taken care of.

My dad, brother and I are all hanging in there thanks to the support of everyone with their prayers and well wishes. Especially I want to thank Pat, Courteney, Vicki, Erica, Tim, and Anglas for coming out and visiting Mama Roxy. She was awake for some of you, and while she may be mad at me for letting people visit, I know that she was happy to know that you all were there and for the love you shared with her.

FYI I also want to use this blog as a tribute site for my mother, and will be posting photos of her magnificent life - I don't know if everyone realizes just how much she's done in her lifetime - I'm just becoming aware of how huge her network of friends really is, and how many people she took under her wing as surrogate family members.

God Bless and please keep us in your prayers.

Aquelah/Pam

2 comments:

glamah16 said...

Hang in there Pam. Your mother is a special person who has left a huge mark on all of us. This blog is a great idea.Big Hug.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,

I am so sorry to hear about Roxanne. I have known her for many years and she was a beautiful lady, inside and out and will be greatly missed.

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Sylvia Peebles
Sr. Administrative Assistant
Fashion Fair Cosmetics