Friday, July 18, 2008

Visiting Mama Roxy

Thank you to everyone who came by today and yesterday. Some of you know that I was hesitant at first to allow visitors, first because she told me she didn't want anyone to see her as sick as she is, and second because we hadn't yet made her comfortable.

I love my mother more than anything, but once we got her comfortable I realized I couldn't in good conscience deny her friends and family the chance to express their love and prayers for her and for her to experience that love, and to begin the grief process that we all go through when we lose family or a beloved friend. I hope and pray that she understands why I did this, and I also hope she realizes that what we all have been saying is true - even in her present state she is a beautiful person in all respects, and her beauty shines right through her illness and illuminates all of us.

Today we moved her to the Prentice Women's Hospital at Northwestern, and in her current condition she has been progressively declining, although she is comfortable and not in distress. Her respiration is slowing, and we are not certain how much longer she will be with us - although she has proven herself time and again to be the strongest person I have ever met.

We ask that before anyone visit that they call first. Feel free to call the room directly at 312-472-1678, or my cell phone a 312-399-9670. If her situation has changed we can let you know before you make the trip.

Once again - thank you to everyone who has visited, called, prayed for and thought of Mama Roxy in these most difficult times. I know she hears those who talk to her, and the countless prayers ease her suffering. God Bless.

Aquelah/Pam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roxanne was a tower of strength to
so many, she had tremendous love and compassion. I will forever remember her radiant smile, and all
the fun and joyous times I shared with her.It is very overwhelming to
realize that I will never again hear the way she use to say my name when expressing her excitement to me, when we were having wonderful discussions about
numerous topics! I will always love
you "mama roxy".