Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Strongest Woman on the Face of the Earth

My mother is so strong. She has survived another night although her breathing is very slowed and shallow now. She is still fighting so hard to survive - for us I believe. I think there are so many things she wanted to say and do, and there wasn't enough time for her to do what she wanted, which is why she's fighting so hard. That and the fact that she knows how much her family needs her.

This morning the dawn revealed a lightning storm and heavy rain, reflecting the mood here. Mom is peaceful, but the things that are left undone weigh heavily on my mind and I think hers too. I've told her not to worry - that I know what she was going to say, and that I'll take care of the things she would want to have done. But you know how she is, and she would want things done her way, to her specifications. I will try my best not to let her down.

Please continue to pray for us and for Mama Roxy's continued peaceful rest. Her strength astounds me as she continues on despite her condition.

Aquelah/Pam

No comments: